At Edinburgh Skeptics we depend entirely upon the generosity of our guest speakers and we pay reasonable travel expenses but not a fee. Your comfort, convenience and safety are therefore our priority while you provide your time.
Edinburgh Skeptics guarantees the following to all our guest speakers:
- Expenses will be agreed before the date of your talk
- Expenses will be settled before you leave the venue
- Travel costs can be provided in advance if necessary, so you do not incur up-front travel costs
What we cover by agreement
- Reasonable travel costs to and from the venue comprising:
- Flights and train tickets (by agreement) which either you or we will book
- Bus and tram tickets which you will buy
- Refreshments throughout the evening of the talk
- A meal and overnight accommodation for you and a partner if you bring one, which we will book
What we ask for from you, please
- Provide estimates of your expenses to help us budget for the year
- Make reasonable efforts to minimise costs by booking ahead
- Let us know in good time if you need to stay in Edinburgh so we can book your accomodation
- Talk to us about booking trains and flights, we can give practical advice and help you plan
If you have any problems or concerns, contact us in the first place and we will work with you to resolve them. If for any reason you do not feel the situation has been resolved fairly, please contact Sid Rodrigues who is not associated with Edinburgh Skeptics and who will endeavour to see that the matter is resolved to the satisfaction of all parties.
Sid Rodrigues is co-founder of Soho Skeptics and works for the Conway Hall Ethical Society. He would be acting in a personal capacity. Neither Soho Skeptics, the Conway Hall Ethical Society, nor any other organisation that Sid Rodrigues is associated with has any connection with Edinburgh Skeptics.
- Skeptics on the Fringe Speaker’s Form – to help us publicise your Fringe talk
- Skeptics in the Pub Speaker’s Form – to help us publicise your talk
- Speaker Feedback – after your talk, to help us look after future speakers better
- Audience Feedback – we are happy to share results with speakers shortly after the talk